In I added something to update_oasis_vos that I wanted to run on ITB only, and I only remembered it being used on ITB, so I made update_oasis_vos fail if not on ITB. That was a mistake, because in fact update_oasis_vos was used during the install process on the oasis production machine once, just not called from cron. It was used to do the initial install of the .cvmfswhitelist files for all the external repositories if they were missing. However, there was already code to do that later on in the install script, reading from oasis-replica rather than the original source, and in any case, the files should normally already be there. So I believe the fix is to simply change the install script to only call update_oasis_vos on ITB, but verify that.