Greetings, we released GlideinWMS 3.5 and would like to have it included in the next OSG upcoming release.
This is a development series release.
It is available in the osg-upcoming-development repository and it is undergoing testing to be promoted in the OSG upcoming repository.
This release works also with HTCondor 8.8 and 8.9 without requiring condor_root_switchboard. Anyway HTCondor 8.8 is not a requirement, it also works with HTCondor 8.6.
NOTE-FACTORY: The v3.5 Factory is using a single user. This is a major change. If you are upgrading, after the RPM upgrade you will need to:
1. stop Factory and HTCondor,
2. Migrate the HTCondor status running the fact_chown script,
3. Run upgrade and restart the HTCondor and the Factory.
For detailed instructions see: http://glideinwms.fnal.gov/doc.dev/factory/configuration.html#single_user
NOTE: v3_5 and v3_4 are fully interoperable. I.e. You can mic v3_5 and v3_4_x Factories and Frontends in your system
This release includes all features and bug fixes released in v3_4_5 plus new exciting features like:
• Removed support for Globus GRAM (GT2/GT5)
• Removed dependency on condor_root_switchboard
• Improved Frontend scalability (from CMS scale tests)
And bug fixes including:
• Bug fix: Incorrect exception handling glideinFrontendElement.py:opulate_pubkey
• Bug fix: Entries in downtime setting seems not to work correctly
• Bug fix: GlideinWMS proxy renewal service broken for Xenon
The full release notes are available here:
git checkout v3_5
Available in the osg-upcoming-development repo.
Marco Mambelli for the GlideinWMS team